Aug 20, 2009

Retail Shopping:

Today I would like to share a consumer event that impacted me.

Lets get real, in today's economic climate there should be a ZERO tolerance by employers for workers who just can't seem to cater to their customers.
There are plenty of people in America who are looking for a job and need one!
As an example, I was at my local grocery store, Fry's Market, they all know me, I am in there 5 out of 7 days every week.
I am at the self check-out line, so, I have a coupon issued by Fry's Grocery Store Chain. I call the girl after I scan my item. She says, she can't help until I am finished doing all my items, keep in mind she is holding a hand held scanner. So when I am done she punches in the coupon numbers, now my credit card won't work and let me check-out, she has screwed up the system. So now I am getting ticked-off because I can't check out. I say to her, see if you had scanned it as we were going along I'd be out of here by now. She gives me attitude, as I am doing my job, polite for I'll do it my way! So I inform her, no your job is to make me happy, I am the customer. Now we're starting to get into it and everyone is looking. So the day manager comes over and apologizes to me.
I said thank you and left.
But in reality, why apologize, you can train a monkey to do this.
Companies have an attitude in the United States, because idiots in the government keep bailing them out.

Your comments, as always, are welcomed and appreciated.

No comments: