Mar 30, 2009

Wal-Mart versus Prescription Drug Cost:

Wal-Mart offers generic brand prescription drugs to people who have no health insurance at a cost of 4.00 per prescription, I applaud Wal-Mart for this.
However, if you go to Wal-Mart with Health Insurance like mine where the co-payment is $10.00 on that same drug, they charge you $10.00, so WTF is that all about?
So now I call Wal-Mart and if the drug is offered in generic, which I always tell the doctor to write, then I go to Wal-Mart with my prescription and say I don't have insurance and just pay the $4.00.
If a prescription is not covered under Wal-Mart's generic list, then I go to another pharmacy such as Walgreens and get the prescription filled there and pay my $10.00 co-pay.
Does anyone besides me see a problem here?
No wonder the government says we need healthcare reform.
Just how damn dumb are these healthcare providers anyway?

As always your comments are welcomed and appreciated.

1 comment:

www.DrugsHome.Com said...

Don't have health insurance and need to buy your prescription drugs, save with free prescription consultation and the lowest prices online at www.DrugsHome.Com, we are online since the year 2005, orders are shipped overnight with FedEx and have 24/7 live chat and toll free customer service. You can visit our website at http://www.drugshome.com