Mar 30, 2009

Wal-Mart versus Prescription Drug Cost:

Wal-Mart offers generic brand prescription drugs to people who have no health insurance at a cost of 4.00 per prescription, I applaud Wal-Mart for this.
However, if you go to Wal-Mart with Health Insurance like mine where the co-payment is $10.00 on that same drug, they charge you $10.00, so WTF is that all about?
So now I call Wal-Mart and if the drug is offered in generic, which I always tell the doctor to write, then I go to Wal-Mart with my prescription and say I don't have insurance and just pay the $4.00.
If a prescription is not covered under Wal-Mart's generic list, then I go to another pharmacy such as Walgreens and get the prescription filled there and pay my $10.00 co-pay.
Does anyone besides me see a problem here?
No wonder the government says we need healthcare reform.
Just how damn dumb are these healthcare providers anyway?

As always your comments are welcomed and appreciated.

No comments: